Join the Lovetts Solicitors team as a Paralegal
Job Title: Paralegal
Location: Guildford Office
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Lovetts Solicitors is an innovative, market-leading law firm who specialise in commercial debt recovery and litigation. Based in modern offices on the outskirts of Guildford with ample parking, there is a Paralegal vacancy in our focused, but friendly team.
Please email [email protected] with your CV and the role you are applying for.
We look forward to hearing from you.
A Paralegal is required to join our fast growing business that provides a fast and effective computerised debt recovery service to our clients. Ideally you will have experience of debt recovery but not essential as training will be given.
We seek to delight our clients by advising them on the best way to achieve their desired outcome, accurately and promptly handling their instructions, and assisting and advising other team members as necessary.
- To assist, or depending on experience manage, a portfolio of clients and increase the clients’ recoveries year on year by:
- Innovative thinking when considering cases
- Advising clients in an understandable way as to best action required to maximise recovery of debt, costs and compensation
- Knowing the client and their business
- Assisting in increasing sales in the department by client retention, extension into associated companies and identifying opportunities to deliver additional services of value to them
- Comply with all service levels set out in Price lists, terms of business and client special agreements and assist the Legal Department Manager in ensuring all staff comply
- Supporting junior members of the team and helping them progress rapidly in their knowledge and effectiveness
- Advising clients upon debt recovery procedures and appropriate options
- Preparing all necessary court papers quickly and accurately
- Liaising with debtors in relation to recovery of sums owed
- Implementing actions prompted by daily diary
- Paying out all monies received promptly
- Supporting other members of the team
- Keeping client informed at all times
- Accurate daily processing of instructions received
- Preferably, but not essential, experience of debt recovery law and Civil Procedure Rules/other court practices
- Ability to organise and prioritise work in situations that can include time pressure, interruptions and other causes of stress
- Computer literacy and keyboard skills
- Good communication, both written and oral
- Being able to work on own initiative and as part of a team, to retain sense of humour in times of pressure
- Ability to build and develop good relationships with clients
- Creativity in collecting money and legal practice
- Work within an office environment
- Use of communication skills
- Dealing with people on a one to one basis